Monday, July 9, 2018

Canadian Sesquicentennial Celebration Quilt

sf1
This is Jenny’s Canadian Sesquicentennial Celebration quilt, say that ten times fast! :)  Northcott Fabrics released this great collection to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary last year.  Jenny asked for straight line quilting and it really suited the quilt highlighting the Hudson Bay Blanket lines that she pieced into the quilt.

sf2
I used beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

sf4
sf3
I have been having fun taking pictures of lightening this summer as I love a good thunderstorm. This storm was just to the south of use last night, I had stars overhead so it was neat to watch the tops of the clouds light up.

lightening2 (4)lightening5
Then last week we were right in the storm and I was trying to catch a bolt of lightening. Hope to get one that touches the ground, maybe next time!

bolt

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this quilt and the quilting! Its supposed to be sweltering today and I don't have to work......maybe a great day to sew!?! Have a great day, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt.
    Great lightning photos - I remember you do have quite strong storms in Canada. This year the UK has been trying to play catch up as we have had very bad ones just recently - thankfully not near me!

    ReplyDelete