Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Falling In Love Quilt

heart1

My friend Wendy and her husband George, the owners of Fabriculous Quilt Shop, designed this fun quilt.   I knew I had to stretch out of my batik comfort zone and make it in bright modern fabrics.  The pattern is called Falling in Love and you can find the pattern for sale at their shop or on their website here.  I really enjoyed working with the modern fabrics and can see myself collecting more! I had shared this picture in a May blog post of the fabrics I had purchased and they worked perfect for this quilt.  The fabric are a blend of Tula Pink, Kaffe Fassett, Blueberry Park, and Grunge Dots. I like to mix collections rather than just use one!    The background is a white on white print.

fabric

I quilted it with straight lines and then changed the quilting in the white heart to cross hatching and CC’s.  I called it ‘Hugs and Kisses” quilting as it looks like X’s and O’s.

heart4

heart2

I used white So Fine thread on top and white Bottom Line on the back. Quilters Dream Blend batting.

heart8

heart9

heart6

heart5heart10

Now its time for me to get back to quilting for my clients, it’s always fun to take a little break and squeeze in one of my own projects!

heart3

11 comments:

  1. Great pattern, and I love the fabrics you've chosen! Lots of motion and happiness in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to go to their shop. Love a road trip! This will be made for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop in Gimli is fabulous (I'm sure the mother ship in Swan River is great, too, but I've never been). Wendy & George always have great fabric, patterns, and advice.

      If you're planning a road trip, you might want to do it over the August 11 - 12 weekend, so you can take in the Quilter's Tour. There are shows in Matlock & Ponemah (Village of Dunnottar), Gimli, and at Runs With Scissors Studio (west of Winnipeg Beach) that weekend.

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful quilt, right from the pattern, through to the fabric choices, and your quilting! Wow! I love the rainbow effect; perfect quilt for PRIDE month. Well done!

    Nice post to highlight Wendy and George's great shop and wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pattern. Like the quilting and the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll second the comments about how lovely (accidental but appropriate pun) this quilt is. I'd like to add how much I like the name. Great work quilter and designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt. I think your fabric choices are great for this design, and as usual your quilting is just right for the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt, beautiful fabrics and beautiful quilting!! This is a really cool pattern. Did you have a lot of fabric left over?

    ReplyDelete