Thursday, October 11, 2018

Under A Spell Halloween Quilt

hm1

This is  Hollie’s Under A Spell Halloween wall hanging.  The panels and pattern are by Jennifer Pugh and I found a website that still sold them, click here.  She said I could quilt it however I thought it should be quilted.  I knew right away the small panels should be quilted with spiderwebs.  Love quilting spiderwebs!  Then the larger center panel I thought about cross hatching and changed that idea a bit to wavy cross hatching to look more like chicken wire. Then I added large swirls to the outer border.  Hollie added a orange flange around the center panel and the outer edge which really pops!

hm5

I used beige MicroQuilter thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

hm2hm3

Lots of fun Halloween fabrics on this quilt!

hm6hm4

1 comment: