Sunday, August 11, 2019

Minnesota Shop Hop Bus Trip



I'm back from the Shop Hop Bus Tour and we had a great time. I traveled down to Blackduck, MN with these 5 lovely ladies, we were the only Canadians on the bus. It was an early start, 7am so we drove down the day before and did a bit of shopping and spent the night in Blackduck.  Once on the bus we drove 90 minutes to International Falls to shop at Up North Quilt Shop! If you are ever traveling through Northern Minnesota and wonder if it is worth the trip to the top of the state to check out the quilt shops I can honestly say 'Yes, it is worth the trip!"  I'm kicking myself for not getting photos of the entrance to each shop.


Missy has been a great support of our Highway 10 Designs patterns and likes to display my samples in her shop. Here is my Simply Dashing double and baby size on her shop wall!  Missy also has the Shop Hop Quilt sample I shared in my last blog post in her shop, but didn't get a photo...it was pretty crowded in that area of the shop so I didn't want to get in anyone's way.

Once our time was up we headed back to Blackduck and shopped at Anderson Fabric's Quilt Shop.  I was so happy to see they had made a sample of our Shop Hop quilt too!  


 I also discovered a wonderful sample of our Not Your Mother's Rail Fence pattern  hanging in the shop.  


After they fed us lunch we hopped back into the bus and headed off to Oklee Quilting Supply in Oklee, MN.  There I found a lovely sample of our Detour table runner pattern.


The shop was bigger than I expected and the huge cutting table made for a fast moving line to get fabric cut.  All the shops were great at setting up extra cutting areas.



This was the Barn quilt that hangs on the outside of the Oklee shop.


Then back on the bus and off to Sadie Rae's Quilt Shop in Bemidji, MN.  I found a fun sample of our Quarter Sections pattern on the wall with kits made up as well.



So we were all back on the bus and in Blackduck by 7:30pm.  They were able to keep everything running on time and we didn't lose anyone along the way!

2 comments:

  1. Summertime, all in sandals, and what a great display in every shop. This would have been a wonderful time together, with fabrics, inspiration, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun meeting you and chatting on the bus! I am anxious to make the shop hop quilt! I know your directions will be easy to follow!!
    Pat Addler
    Cedar Rapids Lodge
    Tenstrike MN
    (posting with my daughter's blog)
    www.crlodge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete