Monday, October 7, 2019

Broken Dishes Quilt



This is Patty's Broken Dishes quilt which is a pattern by Julie Hendrickson.  Patty took a class with her on a quilting cruise and put this project onto her UFO list to finish this year.  She said she loves the simple designs, reproduction quilts and traditional patterns.  


Patty asked for straight line quilting on this one to give it a hand stitched feel.  That is easy to do on my longarm as I just load the quilt sideways and use my channel locks to create the straight lines.  I eyeball the spacing to just over 1/2". I only had to rip out one line as my channel lock didn't engage and I didn't notice until I was half way across the quilt.  I was wondering why the spacing was getting larger on that row! :)


The thread is a beige So Fine and batting is Quilters Dream Blend.

 

2 comments:

  1. It’s very nice. The straight lines were the perfect idea. I just finished a quilt with straight line quilting from top to bottom on my domestic. First time and very effective. Thank goodness for masking tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to quilt this.

    ReplyDelete