Monday, November 11, 2019

The Ruby Waxed Canvas Tote


I attended a local retreat with some wonderful quilters this weekend and managed to finished a few project.  I finished piecing a top but will save that one to share when I have it quilted!  The other project was making this beautiful waxed canvas tote for myself!  My friend Wendy, who own Fabriculous Quilt Shop in Manitoba, designed this pattern and is always ahead of the next trend.  It's called The Ruby Waxed Canvas Tote and you can find the pattern on her website here.  I have made quite a few of Wendy's pattern, like her Viking quilt and Falling in Love quilt. 


I had this beautiful batik in my stash to use on the pocket of the exterior of the bag and lined it with Art Gallery Fusion Sparkler Liten Ditsy.  I'm becoming quite a fan of Art Gallery fabrics these days.


I have been redecorating my bedroom and bought a new bedroom suite, no more oak in my house.  So feeling a bit more modern with my new decor and new trendy bag!


Wendy's shop carries all the supplies needed to make this tote including the leather straps, rivets and a wonderful colour selection of waxed canvases.  I'll be making a grey one next!




3 comments:

  1. Stunning, and the new bag goes with the new chair, just perfect setting for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that didn't take you long to get that sewn up, Kathy!! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete