Sunday, June 8, 2014

Field Greens Quilt

 linda1

This is Linda’s Field Greens quilt by Madison Cottage Designs.  When she  first contacted me she said the quilt was 72”x 72” but the the time she was ready to send it to me the quilt has grown to 97” x120”!   I’m sure we can all relate to that!   :)  Her husband really liked the colours in this quilt and they decided to make it bigger for their bed.

linda2

Linda requested a panto called Bountiful Feathers so I ordered that one plus a few more!

bountiful-feathers - .025-

I used Quilters Dream Blend batting and green So Fine thread.

linda3

We had some crazy cold and rainy weather this week and on Friday we even had SNOW!!  Glad that is gone and I hope we don’t see that again until the fall.

linda5

5 comments:

  1. I really like the quilt pattern, and the quilting is like the icing on a cake :) I guess such feathers would be doable also free hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful quilt…the colours are so restful…and such nice quilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide which I like to look at more - the quilts or your backdrops. Both are usually beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts and blog.

    A big hug from Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems to me you are getting a lot of green quilts lately! I love the white pinwheels on this one, what a beautiful quilt. Is it from a pattern? And can you tell me if it is Superior So Fine you are using? I agree about the quilt/backdrop dilemma.

    ReplyDelete