Sunday, October 23, 2022

Exploding Heart Quilt


Nancy made this fun and bold Exploding Heart quilt, pattern by Slice of Pi.  She used batik fabrics in jewel tone colours and a solid back background.


I quilted it with the Tickle pantograph, used charcoal So Fine thread and Quilters Dream poly black batting.




Nancy brought a wide backing by Henry Glass Fabrics called Radiance.


This is the first time I have gone to the lighthouse for quilt pictures since early spring.  It was flooding out this summer so nice to get back to my favorite photo spot.
 

This was the Rainy River in June.  The lighthouse was an island! 


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I bought this pattern a few months ago and now I want to make it! I don't have a vision for my colour scheme yet tho! I love the pantograph too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I used Kaffe fabrics for my exploding heart. It was so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete