Saturday, November 26, 2022

So Many Projects!


I realized I haven't been sharing my personal projects here lately, most of those were going onto my Instagram but now that my Instagram account was hacked and I can't get back onto it I think I'll put my focus back into my blog.  If you follow my tamarackshack1 Instagram account please report it and unfollow. I have had no luck getting it back.  If  I decide to go back on it I'll let you know my new account name.  I really have no desire right now to set up a new account.  Instagram is not the photo sharing app it use to be and is trying to compete with TikTok.  Hate all the ads, reels and suggested content. So I'll take a break from it all and see if I miss it or not.   

Now to the good stuff!  I have been having fun this summer and fall using my husbands new laser cutter/engraver.  As you can see in the picture above I have been making inlayed Barn Quilts using Ribbon Mahogany, Birch and MDF.  I have been adding Fusion Mineral paint on some as well.


The three above are for sale but I'm keeping this next as it sits on the shelf in my office.

Then I designed a holder for my embroidery floss with a magnetic needle minder along with acrylic floss bobbins.


One thing I noticed with other acrylic bobbins on the market was there was no place to write your floss number so I added a etched box at the top, used a fine tip Sharpie to write the number and when its done I just wipe it clean with some Windex. 


I then got into cutting cork labels!  


They can be used in bags, on rope bowls and knitted items.



I have some of the floss holders and cork labels available at Fabriculous quilt shop in Brandon, MB.

 I made a few more Ruby Totes using Waxed Canvas and the blue floral linen Rifle Paper.



I'm keeping the grey one but would like to sell the brown one.


I added the labels after the pictures were taken.


Finished a few more embroidery projects this summer and fall.   Here is a pattern by Momentoell called Welcome Autumn.


This one is very appropriate to how I feel about my Instagram account being hacked. If you like sweary embroidery patterns you can find some great ones at Get Stitch Done Designs on Etsy.  


And next is my latest bag obsession, the Norfolk Pouch by Sotak Handmade on Etsy. I made 10 so far and most have sold when I showed them to my sewing group.




Then I was at a retreat last weekend and Lori suggested we both make a Catch All Caddy, pattern by Patterns By Annie.  It is a really good pattern and I'm very happy with the result.


We also made the Flipping Out pouch, by Patterns by Annie as well.  I have a few more cut out and ready to sew at my next guild meeting sew day. 



So that's what I have been sewing/making this summer and fall.  I have another wood project I just finished that I can't wait to share but it gets its own post. 

I am getting close to my December break and still busy quilting away.  The weather has been mild which is not the greatest for outdoor quilt pictures as it is wet and slippery out.  

1 comment:

  1. Well you certainly have been very busy. So many great things! The cork labels are inspired, love the embroidered autumn tree, also the clutch. The floss holder is very clever. You are very talented and accomplished at many things. I also love seeing your photography.

    ReplyDelete