Saturday, June 24, 2023

Seniors Club Anniversary Quilt


Lori helped put together this wonderful quilt top to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Stratton Senior Center last year.  This past year my local sewing group has been meeting at the Seniors Center once a week to sew. But you won't find my name on this quilt as I'm not a member of a seniors group yet, I'm just a guest at their center who fits right in! Quilting has been a great hobby for socializing with women of all ages and I always leave a gathering having learned something new, quilt related or not.


Since this quilt was small I was able to do some custom quilting which I generally don't do anymore but I made the exception for this one.  I quilted continuous feathers in the border and sashing, and diagonal lines in the blocks.  I used purple So Fine thread in the borders and white MicroQuilter in the blocks.  Batting is Quilters Dream Blend.


Its finally raining around here so I had to do the photoshoot on the deck.




Love the quilting texture those feathers create!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment