Monday, September 13, 2010

Butterfly Charm

 Hard to believe that it is only 5'C outside and I don't have too many more weeks left to display quilts on my dock. Need to find a new locations for taking pictures this winter, hope I come up with something good!
This is a clients twin size Mystery quilt and this pretty quilt will be for her granddaughter.  I used the Butterfly Charm panto and was very happy to be able to dig into my new supply of King Tut thread to quilt this one.   A few weeks ago I came across a post on a quilting forum from a lady selling all her King Tut thread for a great deal. I jumped on the chance and got it!!  So last week the box arrived and I was very please with the color selections...definately my taste. So I used a soft purple varigated King Tut thread on the top and a light purple So Fine thread on the botton.

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Kathy, what a pretty quilt and your quilting really brings it to life! The panto is beautiful -- but then there are always beautiful pantos, but the trick is to be able to stitch them out beautifully -- and you are such a pro at doing them. When I look at this one, it's almost as if you had a board pattern, it is so right on and accurate and steady and flows so softly -- Wow! Outstanding!
    Linda C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that panto Kathy...think I'll have to invest in one or two myself...this quilt turned out great as usual!

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete