Monday, April 11, 2011

Bargello


Look what arrived in the mail today!  This beautiful bundle of fabric was put together for my by Carol and Wayne at Kickass Country Store.  This is a wonderful shop located in the tiny town of Plumas, Manitoba and they have an amazing store and customer service.  I emailed Carol and asked her if she could pull together fabric for a Bargello quilt called Surf Song from Eileen Wright's book Twist and Turn Bargello.  I sent Carol a picture of it and she got it bang on!  I am very happy...but now I have a problem.   I thought once I had all the fabric together for this quilt I would recommend it to the guild to be our next Raffle Quilt but it is soooo pretty...I want to keep it for myself.   What to do?  Well I guess I should do the right thing and offer it to the guild ...and hope the members hate it so I can make it for myself!  :) 


8 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics!!!!

    No problems my side!

    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Kathy...should have said I use Firefox!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! Just love the colors. I just got my pattern for the Bella Bella Bargello quilt, and it was the next quilt I was going to try. I have never done a bargello before, but they are just beautiful.I never thought to ask a store to pick out my fabric, I always do it myself, I know you don't have any quilt shops close by. Keep us posted on your progress, you always do such beautiful work!!!
    Karen H

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue fabric is gorgeous, as well as the quilt. I think the guild is going like it for sure. Maybe you can buy lots of raffle tickets and hope to win it back. I am using firefox and haven't had any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just loaded Google Chrome and I can now access my Reader again!! Lots of reading to catch up on.
    Now to see if I can leave comments on other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kickass Country Store did an awesome job of picking the right tones of blue for this Bargello quilt. And yes, really like it... so who does the sewing on this one? G

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw! That's gorgeous! I need to send you my bargello pattern and have you check it to see if it is correct!

    ReplyDelete