Thursday, April 14, 2011

Retreat Time


Our guild is having our Spring Retreat this Friday and Saturday so I am getting my projects all in order.  I have been working on this Mexican Star wall hanging all week and just need to sew back the curves on the 3D triangles. I have no idea how I'm going to quilt this one yet but I know where it is going to hang!


I have three other projects all boxed up and at different stages so we will see how long they stay UFO's. I am hoping to complete two project in these next two days.


I purchased Holly Taylor's Classics fat quarter bundle a month ago and am going to make two twin size quilts using the Yellow Brick Road pattern.  My Mom put in her request for new quilts for her guest room as the boys sleep in that room when we visit and it is a very feminine room so she would like to make it more masculine for the boys.
Then I have my purple fabrics from Bliss and want to use the Hopscotch pattern to make a queen size quilt.  No plan for this one, just like the fabrics.
Then back at our guild's xmas party I won a Thimbleberry fat quarter collection so I cut it up using my GO cutter and the Tumbler die.  It should make a nice lap size quilt, no home for that on either.
So these should keep me busy and keep me out of the yummy food that shows up at our retreats... well for a little while anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Mexican Star, and lots of area for quilting - yummy. You look super organised for the retreat, I hope you get lots done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to do a quilt retreat, hope you have a good time!I will look forward to pictures of your finished UFO's. The Yellow Brick Road Pattern is a favorite of mine!!
    Have fun!!!
    Karen H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Mexican Star pattern. I have done two of these quilts and I quilted them both differently. I also did it at a quilt retreat. Have fun at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of my quilty friends have made the hopscotch pattern. It looks so different depending on the fabrics you use. Yours is going to be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete