Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Melt


This is Val's Sampler quilt and she gave me free reign to quilt what I wanted.  The wide tone on tone border called for a feather treatment and in the centre I used the Happy Times panto.


We have had a few warm days here so the snow is slowly starting to melt.  My nice clear ice is now full of tiny cracks as the sun starts to melt the ice.  As the cracks melt deeper the ice starts to 'candle' but that is still a few weeks away.



It is three weeks...what a difference.  But today it is -18'C so I don't think there will be much melting today.

4 comments:

  1. I want to be there! Did you mark your spine first for your feather border. It looks so perfect. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feather border is fantastic! You did such a beautiful job on the quilting. Hopefully, the snow will really start melting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outdoor photos! It has just started to get cold here, and yesterday I put the heater on during the day for the first time this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feathers are perfect Kathy.....you couldn't have turned that corner better!

    ReplyDelete