Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Project with Hand Dyed Fabrics



I was having fun dyeing fabric for my new project this morning. I have always wanted to make a whole quilt out of my hand dyed fabrics and I finally decided on a pattern, it's called Whisper from the book Transparency Quilts


It took a few tries but I finally got the results I was looking for in the lighter colors and I might add a few more darker colors to the mix.  I used the Low Immersion method but instead of leaving the fabric in the jars for an hour or more I squeezed the fabric out after a few minutes of being in the jar and then let them sit in a baggie for an hour.  This give the fabric a solid look with just a bit of texture which is exactly what I wanted.  Now I hope I can cut into them, they are so pretty!!



8 comments:

  1. These fabrics look absolutely perfect. It is so silly how hard it is to cut into a set of fabrics sometimes...that's why I have too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sooo pretty. I know you will get the courage to cut into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Are you planning to do some yellow/peachy shades as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing and fun that will be to do a quilt from fabrics you dyed, pieced by you and then quilted by you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, these are gorgeous. Great results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can't wait to see this done! I love that book and your fabrics will be perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these fabrics are beautiful, lovely soft tones - just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I like the modern quilt pattern you have chosen and the colors you are thinking of for the design. It will be very interesting to see the layered translucent effect you will achieve.

    ReplyDelete