It is very normal for me to change my mind when I'm planning a quilt, especially when it comes to picking the fabrics. Yesterday I decided to actually READ the quilting book I bought and discovered a new way at looking at fabric. I have a tendency to want to match and blend my color perfectly but that doesn't always work. So I want to work outside my comfort zone and mix fabrics that don't initially call to me but work well together and I think I have a better grasp of color values. For this project I needed to avoid extremely dark and light values in this quilt and created a light, medium and dark groupings to achieve the transparency look.
So I spent yesterday dyeing more fabrics and came up with the above mix. I needed more medium and dark values than what I had shown in the last post to make the quilt look more like the pattern picture, which is what I am hoping to achieve. I am much happier with it now and will start cutting into it today, really I am!
I'm sure I'll switch a few more fabrics around but I think I'm on the right track now.
Here is all the extra fabric that I dyed but am not using, I guess this was a good way to build my stash!