Friday, June 1, 2012

Urban Abacus


I have been collecting bright coloured batiks for awhile now and finally cut into them to make the Urban Abacus pattern using the Quick Curve Ruler.  This is going to make a great kids quilt and I am going to try to wait until the summer to quilt it when I have more time to try some custom quilting on it.


This reminds me of a toy my boys had when they were little that had bright coloured beads on a yellow metal maze of wire and you slid the beads along the wire.




I have also been working on my Just Takes Two blocks...but must admit that I have started to fall behind on the applique blocks and have two not completed.  My friend Lori got me started on this project so we would have a project to work on together but she has started to fall behind too. She has a good excuse though and I can now share the news....she bought a longarm!!!  I am so excited for her and she also started a blog to journal her journey into longarm quilting.  Her blog is Night Owl Quilting and Dye Works and you can check it out here.



8 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks fantastic, love how those bright batiks just pop right off the computer!! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it up and your (two blocks) are looking very fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely but to me it looks like a whole buncha maracas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, as usual your quilt is lovely. The blues reflect the water in your lake photos. It should be interesting to see how your quilt it. The colors are so summery. A perfect pattern for that type of fabric. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, you stepped out of your comfort zone with these colors! What a beautiful eye-popping quilt! G

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this quilt Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely quilt Kathy and I just love the way you have photographed in in front of the lake. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this in the batiks. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking good, not your normal style. I don't think I have got the last two sets of take two blocks

    ReplyDelete