Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Quilts Made Modern

yvonne2

This is Yvonne’s quilt and it is made from a pattern in the book Quilts Made Modern by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr.   I love the quilts in their books as they do a wonderful job at creating a transparency look with the fabric choices.    Yvonne did a great job at picking her fabrics for this quilt, I just love how it looks.   We decided to use the Raindrops panto as the colors in the quilt shout water and sky.

yvonne3yvonne4

I’m living in a bit of a mess right now as we are having our skylights taken out and then redoing our kitchen in July.  I’m very excited but there are so many decisions that need to be made!  I don’t have a lot of time to spent on the computer so my blog posts will be a less frequent than usual but I’ll post when I can!  Lori and I are still working on our special project that we will be sharing soon but our Type A personalities are what’s slowing us down. We want it to be perfect!

yvonne1

7 comments:

  1. The quilt is quite lovely...I really enjoy blues...and your quilting pattern is quite nice....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Красивая стежка!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, and beautiful quilting! Love the colors in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always really like this panto, so pretty! Just perfect for this quilt.

    We redid our kitchen some years ago, it was a lot of planning and a lot of work, but ooooh so worth it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice panto. You are killing my budget! Lovely choice for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear the rain dripping into the lake. Lovely quilt and lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Kathy! The raindrops are perfect.

    ReplyDelete