Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Local Favourites

rae10

Thank you for all the comments on my last post, I enjoyed reading them all.  I sometimes worry that I spend too much time posting snow or landscape pictures and that I should stay more focused on the quilting with my blog.  But then I realized that where I live is part of what this blog is all about and is what attracts readers to it.    This blog is a combination of my passion for quilting and my love of nature and I’m so happy to be able to share that with you though my photos.    Your comments have reassured me that you are interest in more than just the quilting and I won’t hesitate to share this northern moments with you from now on.  :)

You may have seen this quilt on my blog a few times, it’s a local favourite.  This is Rae’s Bali Love Song quilt and she wanted a lofty batting as this will be a cuddle quilt on her couch.  We decided on Dream Puff and with her Cuddle fabric on the back that made a great combination.

rae2rae3rae4

I also quilted Rae’s Hopscotch quilt which is also another local favourite when it comes to quilt patterns. This one also has a Cuddle backing but this time I used Dream Blend for the batting.    This is a gift for a man so the Ground Cover panto worked nicely on this quilt.

rae8rae7rae9

Yes I took a few pictures of the quilts on the ice but I promise I was close to shore and didn’t venture far!

12 comments:

  1. The top quilt would be great in red and white for heart disease. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt would be great on my couch!......grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your nature scenes with the quilts - it is such a natural setting for quilts! I wish I had such a pretty setting for quilt photos - I really need to get mine outside for photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one who enjoys seeing your photos of your surrounding area . I can't believe you can go on the ice already . Beautiful quilts and quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are they both the same panto? gorgeous. the cuddle fabric looks so pretty with stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The panto on the Bali Love Song is called Mimosa, can't believe I forgot to add that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this post and the lovely quilts - I have some Bali Pops waiting for ideas, and here I got some :) BTW: a while ago I asked for permission to use one of your feathers - I've now come so far that I've traced them with water soluble thread on my quilt. I made a blog post of it recently, if you care to have a look at my blof tilkkutaiwas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts are Beautiful. Love the colours. As soon as I saw the quilt on the ice...I thought "Oh I can't believe she was on the ice so soon!!!" Glad you clarified :-) ha ha. I am looking forward to the pictures on the thick ice. Thanks for sharing all your nature photos. I click on a lot of blogs each day -- but you are on the top of my list - and I click on you first to enjoy the pics I know will be there :-) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both quilts are absolutely gorgeous! And the colours look fabulous against the snowy backdrop...they just seem to come alive with a warmth all their own. Please keep sharing nature photos...videos would never be unwelcome either LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love looking at your beautiful snow backgrounds, it is perfect for quilts :)

    ReplyDelete