Sunday, February 9, 2014

Under the Australian Sun Quilt

ten1

I finished my Perfect Ten quilt using the Under the Australian Sun fabric collection and Kona Snow for the light frames.   Desley sent me more fabric to add an outer border as I can’t get it here and it finishes the quilt off nicely.   I also used one of the pantos she sent called Reflections and I really like how that one quilted out.

ten2 ten3

I was planning on using a gold coloured thread but when I auditioned a medium green So Fine thread on the quilt top it blended in so well with all the fabrics that I used that instead.    I always like to lay a few different thread colors on the quilt top before deciding on the one as I can sometimes be surprise by the one that looks best.

ten4ten5

I like the juxtaposition of this fabric line from Australia being photographed in the snow!

11 comments:

  1. That fabric is beautiful! And of course your quilting is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It is funny - Australia in the snow....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. The fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric. The colors are so yummy! Beautiful quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that quilting design. Such Australian colours, brown, gold and a khaki green. I can say that. I live here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt, and choice of materials! I would love to try making this pattern sometime.

    ReplyDelete