Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Lug Nuts #2

yh2
I’m trying my best to get back into a routine now that everyone is back to work and school.   With the weather turning so cold after Christmas I found  myself just wanted to hibernate instead of quilt.   Spent a good week cuddled up on the couch under a few quilts watching TV or playing games on my tablet.   I stupidly downloaded Candy Crush and have regretted ever since.  My ‘ must finish what I have started’ personality is more suited to games that have an end like Scrabble not games that go on and on and on!  Oh well, some brainless fun is good for the soul too right?
Now to the first quilt of 2015!    This is Yvonne’s Lug Nuts quilt that she made at the class I taught in August at our guild.  She used a Moda line called Bee My Honey and I used the Bayside panto on it.   Light grey So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

yh9yh3
It is –26’c with a –37’c windchill when I was out taking these pictures today.  It as a quick photo shoot and ended when the tip of my nose keep freezing to my camera, time to go back inside to thaw out and get the snotsicles off my camera!

yh8yh5
When Yvonne was piecing this quilt I was curious how her striped fabric would look in the lug nuts blocks.  The striped fabric was printed in the 45’ angle, not perpendicular or parallel to the selvage and it ended up giving the block a spinning effect which I really like.

yh10yh1

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, love the name...I can relate being married to a trucker. We also had very cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunh - your cold makes ours seem balmy.... you are brave to go out side in it. Beautiful quilt. Hope you are all rested and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this one turned out fabulous and I sure hope you are able to resist the Candy Crush here and there. My two mindless games are Frozen Free Fall and Maleficent Free Fall.

    ReplyDelete