Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Looking Back at 2014

It’s that time again where I like to look back at the quilts I have finished for myself over the past year.   This year my list is much smaller than in past years but that’s okay as i really don’t need any more quilts.   I have closets and boxes full of new quilts that I just can’t seem to part with so maybe my goal in 2015 is to find the right homes for all these quilts that I have made over the last couple of years.
So here are my quilts for 2014.
ten1
February – Perfect Ten quilt made with Under the Australian Sun fabrics that my friend Desley sent me!

lug12
February – Lug Nuts, a new Highway 10 Designs pattern.  This was our cover quilt using Little Black Dress 2 fabric.

ks1
March – My International Friendship quilt!  The fabrics were sent to me by my friend Laila in Norway and the wool batting used is from Desley in Australia.  This quilt has a great story which you can read here.

charm1
charm2
May – My original Four Patch Charm Quilt.  This is one of the most popular posts on my blog and has been viewed over 24,000 times!   You can see the tutorial for this quilt here.

cake4
July – Quarter Sections, a new Highway 10 Designs pattern.  Our Fat Quarter Friendly pattern was perfect for using my Cupcakery fat quarter bundle.

hoops10
July – Metro Hoops, a pattern by Sew Kind of Wonderful.   I think this is the quilting I am most proud of this year as the design really suited the quilt.

pillows1
August – Pillows designed by Robinson Designs.  Fun Minkie applique pillows on a batik background.

pop3
August – Popsicle Sticks quilt, an Atkinson Designs pattern.   Great pattern for Jelly Rolls and I really like the new panto I used on this one, Deja Vu.

charms
September – 4 simple baby quilts using the Wishes collection.

tote1
November – Professional Tote Bag, a pattern by Creative Thimble.

lug7
November – Lug Nuts, a Highway 10 Designs pattern.    I wanted to see what our Lug Nuts pattern would look like in blue batiks….okay I just wanted an excuse to make this quilt again as it is so much fun to piece!

rr6
December – International Round Robin.   This was a Round Robin I did with Lori, Desley and Bronwyn over the course of a year.  I was the first one to finish mine so hope that lit a fire under those ladies to gets theirs done too! 

day6
December – Day Break Quilt, a pattern by Jaybird Designs.   I have admired this patterns for awhile and was glad Wendy, the owner of Fabriculous quilt shop, convinced me to make it so she could hang it in her shop.
So that is what I made this year and I have to confess that I now only have one quilt top that needs quilting and NO UFO’s!   I keep telling myself I do not need to make anymore quilts, I have too many around here as it is but like many of you I don’t think I can go too long without having a quilting project to work on.  I have a couple of jelly rolls and fat quarter bundles that I should figure out what to do with and I’m not going to buy anymore this year …well I’m going to give it a good try anyway!
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND ALL THE BEST IN 2015!

13 comments:

  1. Kathy; I think you have been very productive in 2014 and I love love all your work! Thanks so much for sharing. I read your blog daily and it is so nice to have a Canadian quilter as a favorite. Also I so wish I lived in such a beautiful peaceful place!...Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very productive year - Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've been following you all year. I thought those quilts were customer quilts. I didn't realize they were your creations! Beautiful, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one prolific quilter! Thanks for sharing all these; your quilting is always a treat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts Kathy! Your really accomplished a lot and your quilting is so neat! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite an impressive list of quilts, all of them really beautiful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look great and it is fun to see the yearly roundups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your quilt projects and thank you for the roundup. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really great collection of quilts. And now I'm *really* wanting to make a Lug Nuts in purples. And a Metro Hoops. And a Daybreak. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilts especially your Little Black Dress Lugnuts quilt. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Kathy! Thankfully you didn't ask us to pick a favourite!!!
    Have a wonderful and productive 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All lovely quilts. My favorite would be the Little Black Dress Lug Nuts. You're no slouch when it comes to finishes. So love to follow your blog. Your's is my most favorite blog. Also love your nature shots. The Northern lights shots bring back such memories. Hoping to see them again but our conditions obviously haven't been right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Al of your quilts are great! Be happy in 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete