Thursday, October 22, 2015

Circle of Friends

v1

This is Valery’s Circle of Friends quilt in xmas fabrics and the pattern is by Michelle Harris of Periwinkle Quilting and Beyond in Saskatoon. Here is her blog post about this quilt.    Valery said she would like it custom quilted and I know she likes feathers so did a combination of flowing feathers and holly leaf motifs.  The blocks are all stitched in the ditch and I just marked a circle to create the feathered wreath in the blocks.

v2v3

I used white So Fine thread and white Bottom Line on most of the quilt and changed to red So Fine with red Bottom line in the red border.  Love the texture the quilting made on this quilt.

v4v6v7

11 comments:

  1. Feathers, feathers and more feathers. Couldn't get any better than that. I always enjoying seeing your fabulous quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt, but really love the ultimate g

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilting is always spectacular! I get inspired every time I visit your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! LOVE! I just did your curved echo border design on my customers quilt. When I blog about it I will link to you, with thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and so different for a holiday quilt. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilting is amazing, Kathy. you really make the quilts special

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love the quilting on this! How perfect!

    ReplyDelete