Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ice Formations!

creek2

I really enjoy December as it is a month I do not book any quilts.   I have one more client quilt to share but haven’t taken pictures yet but hope to share that one soon.  The forecast is finally for sun but really cold temperatures!  I am working on a few of my own quilting project that I will share this month as well as any cool nature shots I get now that winter is here!

On Sunday Tim took me for a drive so I could take pictures and we stopped a the creek we usually watch the suckers run in the spring.  The water levels in the area have dropped considerably in the last week or two and one result of that is these very cool ice formations!  They look like Chandlers hanging off this tree.

creek3creek4creek5

This last one looks more like  a hat!   The water level in this creek must have really dropped quickly to have these form.

creek8

It is amazing what you can find if you take the time to explore the world around you!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've never seen anything like this before. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.... I have never seen ice formations like that. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, and I could see a quilt design right there. Does this happen often?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pic, Kathy! You're not getting the blizzard that we are getting here??

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure do live in a beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  6. красиво, какие чудеса способна сотворить природа
    я сначала подумала что это созданный человеком объект, а когда поняла что это создано не руками человека была просто поражена
    это чудо
    маленькие хрустальные вазы

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love the photos you share, and thanks for posting so we can enjoy this gorgeous view of nature! Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Nature in its purest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, these are stunning! You need to submit these to National Geographic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! Thank you for showing the photos - not seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chandeliers of ice! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the best stuff where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geniet steeds van de mooie foto's die langs komen.
    Ook de quilts zijn prachtig.
    Een mooi land, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning You should submit these pictures for competition. It was hard to see at first what it was. Chandeliers of jewels but again, nature.

    ReplyDelete