Sunday, December 2, 2018

Garden Delights

gss1

I discovered this lovely fabric collection called Garden Delights by Grey Sky Studios at Fabriculous in Gimli, MB this summer and I couldn’t leave them behind!   I’m not usually drawn to floral fabrics but this collection had a wonderfully vintage feel to them that made me feel  happy!    I spent the next month or two looking through all my pattern books to find the right pattern to use.  I found the one in the book ‘By the Bundle’ by Emma Jean Jansen and the pattern is called Diamonds and Squares.

gss8gss9

I pieced the squares at my Tuesday sewing group this fall.  Last week I quilted it with Wave on Wave pantograph and finished hand stitching the binding last night.

gss4

gss2

I used white So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

gss5gss6

I have one more quilt to finish for a client then I am done for the year!  I really enjoy taking December off and have a few more of my personal quilts I want to get done before the end of the year.

gss7

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric collection and quilt. I bought my sister-in-law some Garden Delight prints for Christmas when I was in Gimli in October. Of course, I had to buy extra for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the vintage feel of these fabrics too, and you picked a great pattern to show them off. Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to have the time to make a quilt for yourself! The fabrics definitely have that vintage feel, and your quilting pattern selection gives it a great loft and texture. Enjoy the rest of December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done!! and such a nice breath of "spring" air to help get us through the winter ahead!
    Sometimes simple is the best route to go, and this was definitely the winner for this fabric grouping.
    Enjoy your holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this! I’m going to have to check out the book!

    ReplyDelete