Thursday, May 28, 2020

Mineral Matrix #2

Diane finished her Mineral Matrix quilt which was a BOM project back in 2018 at Up North Quilt Shop.  I made one as well which you can see  here.  This is a large quilt, 105"x105" and fits so nice on a queen sized bed.  I quilted Diane's with the Taro pantograph, used a sage green So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.




This is the same quilt I have on my bed and I even painted the walls a light green to match mine.



My husband has been home for 2 weeks as we were planning on going to Nova Scotia for our 25th wedding anniversary but that has turned into a Staycation this year. So I have been keeping him busy with projects around the house. He built a short rail fence in our back yard that looks out into the green space to the north so I can hang quilts on.   Its typically windy here but I did manage to get a few shots of this quilt during a calm second or two!  


 But then I realized why fight the wind, just go with it!  Windy quilt videos it is! :)



3 comments:

  1. A masterpiece, both of them, and windy, that shows how well it will drape on the bed, love those fabrics.They suit the design perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I would like to have the pattern for your optical illusions quilt.

    ReplyDelete