Monday, August 30, 2010

Irish Chain

This Irish Chain quilt belongs to the guild and will be raffled at the Christmas Craft Show in November.  I love quilting Irish Chain quilts as they look great with a mix of stencil work and free hand.  I used a stencil for the feathered wreath and the just free hand quilted the continuous curves in the dark chain fabrics.  I did the feather feather swirl design in the light inner border and then did what I call a free hand 'rosebud' design in the outer border. I think it will look beautiful at the craft sale as it has a christmas feel with the green and red print fabric but it isn't christmas fabrics.   The sun wasn't cooperating today so it was tricky getting a good shot of the quilting.

8 comments:

  1. I have been waiting to see this one completed. I knew feathers would be involved. Your choice of quilting motifs is so appropriate. I can't wait to see this one in person. Great job, Kathy. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kathy...wonderful feathered wreaths....

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s gorgeous! So lovely. And I like when it´s only in two colors. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job, Kathy! I really do like the feathers!! There is a time and place for them and this is it!! Looking for ward to seeing this quilt in person! E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this quilt is beautiful! Great choice of stencil work and freehand which has truly enhanced this Irish Chain quilt. I am sure a lot of tickets will be sold on this one... yeah! G

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric you used and the feathered wreaths are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved Irish Chains and the quilting is lovely on this one. I would love to have the winning ticket!

    Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, I really like the borders you used! Great job, you never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete