Thursday, April 11, 2013

Zig Zag Quilt

zig1
This is Lynn’s batik Zig Zag quilt that she made for one of her grandchildren.    This is a quick and easy pattern to make as she did not use HST blocks but two strips of fabric cut into blocks then arranged on point.  I found a great blog tutorial on the method here.
zig2
Lynn asked for Dream Puff batting to keep the quilt light and soft as it will be used a lot.  The backing is a chocolate brown Minkee and you can see the Dragonfly Pond panto well on the backing.
zig3 zig4

6 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous!!! I love the dragon flies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fabulous quilt. Made a zig-zag Christmas quilt for my daughter's family. It was so fun and easy to do! My 84 year old friend saw it, and has 3 or 4 zig-zag quilts ready to give her family for this coming Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great quilt pattern! If it's in batiks I'm probably going to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pattern. I'll have to start collecting more fabric......ahhh, poor me. Beautiful quilting, Kathy. I see the snow is starting to melt.

    ReplyDelete