Sunday, July 7, 2013

Shadow Box Squares

 robin1

Even thought I do take the summer off from quilting for clients I will sneak a few quilts in for friends, especially those that like to barter with homemade treats!   This is Robin’s Shadow Box quilt and I used the panto Splash for this quilt as I think this quilt should be called “Splash of Color” as she used so many beautifully bold batiks.  The squares are 8” finished and this is a great way to use up scraps.  I found an online tutorial on how to make this quilt here.  This one is on my To-Do list!

robin2 robin3

Here is a peek at the backing which is a batik too.

robin4

8 comments:

  1. oh that is so cool! I'm going to check out the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pattern and all those bright batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellissimo l'effetto tridimensionale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I have a four patch posie planned and I want to set it like this. This Tut is perfect.

    Cheers

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the tutorial. It is great. I have a bunch of beautiful batik scraps to use up, and I think I will do this design. I love it! :-) The 8" finished squares really showcase the fabrics. tks again :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy Martin has this pattern in her book that also includes shadowed Ohio star and shadowed 9 patches. All are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat pattern. Love the panto as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job, as always! . . . and thanks for the link to the tutorial - just what I need - another quilt on my list!

    ReplyDelete