Thursday, February 26, 2015

Blue Log Cabin

gl7

This is Gail’s Blue Log Cabin quilt and she made it for a birthday gift for her cousins daughter who just turned 21.    She had her involved in the process and had her pick the colours and pattern.  Gail had a bundle of Blueberry Crumb Fabric by Blackbird Designs and used that for the blue.  When we were discussing the quilting options I sent her a picture of a log cabin quilt I did for another client and she love what I did on that one so that was an easy decision.  Diagonal lines in the blue and open feathers in the cream.

gl4gl5

I used blue and cream So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

gl6gl1

9 comments:

  1. Isn't that so pretty! And I bet it's nice and comfy-gushy with the quilting scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting on this! It makes the cream look like ruffles on the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe ce quilt en harmonie avec le paysage et toujours aussi magnifiques les photos , j'adore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I cannot wait for it come back to me. Thanks Kathy, it looks absolutely gorgeous. Looking forward to adding the binding and giving it to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an online friend of Gail's from California. So glad she sent it to you to be quilted. I am also a follower of your blog which I enjoy so much. You did an awesome job on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been gone and Im catching up on what you've done for the past two week. You've been busy! Im gonna have to do your Lugnuts quilt. That one was gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty. The designs work so well for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. striking blue and white -- love it. always a favorite for me! beautifully quilted, too.

    ReplyDelete