Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Scrap Buster

rm4

This is Robin’s quilt and she made the blocks using the stitch and flip method using a dryer sheet as a foundation.  She used brown and beige fabrics from her stash making this a great stash buster project!  She created her own layout with the blocks by added a ‘string’ block between to give it an abacus feel and then sashing strips between each column.   She added a nice 7 1/2” wide outer border in a solid fabric so I quilted it with the Curved Echo border design.  I have a tutorial on how to quilt this design here.    I quilted swirls in the sashing strips, U-turns in the string blocks and did a quick twisting design on the scrap blocks.  

rm3rm5rm2rm6

12 comments:

  1. Great quilt....i love her unique setting for the string blocks. Your quilting sets it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt. The design is so eye catching and I love the way you have quilted it Kathy. Simple designs that are so effective together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful quilt - I love the abacus look, and those colours are so rich looking. You both did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea and great quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is great, and your choices of quilting patterns really sets it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! Love the quilting! That border looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been searching quilt pattern forever... I LOVE this one!! Can you tell me where can I get this pattern? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is as tutorial on how to make the blocks on Terri Stegmillers blog. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23970688/dryer_sheet_quilt.pdf
    The quilt layout was done by my client Robin.

    ReplyDelete