Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Sisters Choice Presidents Blocks


A few months ago my friends in Flin Flon sent me a wonderful gift, my Presidents Blocks!  When I left Flin Flon I was the president of the guild so felt bad for leaving mid term and said they didn't have to make the traditional Presidents blocks for me since I didn't complete my full 2 years, but they insisted that I would be getting the blocks.   They asked what block I would like and I chose the Sisters Choice block...because these ladies have been like sisters to me for 21 year!  
I had time to piece the quilt top this month and added a blue sashing with pink corner stones that was the same pink that is in all the star points.  Can't wait to find time to quilt this one but my stack of personal quilt tops is building up so it might be a few months before I get that pleasure!




 When they sent the Sisters Choice blocks they also added four Flin Flon themed blocks that I hope to make in to a wall hanging for my quilt studio soon!


My blog has been a bit quieter than normal as the weather has been too cold and snowy to take outdoor quilt pictures!  We have beautiful hoar frost this morning now that it is warming up but last week it got down to -43'c. Brrrrr!

I was able to capture a few sun halo/sun dog pictures a few days ago.





7 comments:

  1. -43C is that a record low? Lovely blocks, and a quilt full of love from the other members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks wonderful, Kathy. So glad we could send a bit of us for you to enjoy in your new home. You are greatly missed but left us so many fond memories here in northern Manitoba. I am looking forward to seeing this beauty once it experiences your "quilting magic." Stay warm, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quilt! And I love the Fin Flon blocks! So thoughtful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, neat sun halo photos. Love the blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out gorgeous! And the Flin Flon blocks! LOVE them. I bet your former peers made you cry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello - thanks for the lovely sundog pictures! A friend told me to look at your website because I, too, collect sundog pictures! In fact, my blog is named LuckySundog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm scrolling through all your gorgeous pictures and see Fort Frances. I grew up across the river in International Falls :) We visit northern MN at least once a year :)

    ReplyDelete