Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Quarter Sections Quilt in Cider Fabrics


 My second finish of the summer is my Quarter Sections quilt made with the Cider collection from Moda. I just fell in love with this fabric line when I saw it so had to buy a fat quarter bundle. It came with coordinating Grunge fabrics so I bought extra teal for the border and binding. 


I couldn't find my original photo of this fabric bundle so copied my Instagram pic which shows I bought it from Fabric Snob in Manitoba.  



I quilted it with the Wildflowers pantograph as that matched well with the tiny flower prints in this collection.   I used a light teal So Fine thread and Quilters Dream 80/20. 




I have been spending a lot of time with my camera this month, enjoy the challenges of taking hummingbird pictures.  Here are a few of my favorites so far.



He has his tongue out in the next one.  Think he was mad at the other hummers for chasing him away from the feeder.


Love how his red throat feather sparkle in this next one.


Been working on capturing their wing feathers in flight.



The hummingbird do not like to share at the feeders so they fight and chase each other away.  I'm trying to capture these moments too but they happen in a blink of an eye!


I also love taking pictures of frogs, toads, snakes and all insects.  

This toad was the size of the palm of my hand so I got down to his level to snap this picture. Love his expression and those eyes! LOL! 


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos! I have hummingbirds at my feeder too, and they are a joy to watch.
    The Cider fabric collection makes a lovely summer quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in that quilt. Love the bird pics…plus the toad! 😄 What kind of camera do you have. I have a Canon Rebel xs eos and I am planning on getting a Zoom lens for it. How powerful is your Zoom lens?

    ReplyDelete