Friday, July 16, 2021

Washboard Road Quilt in Stiletto


I made this Washboard Road quilt top about 6 months ago so was happy to load it on my machine this week and get it quilted and bound.  This is one of our Highway 10 Designs patterns that you can find on our website in either paper or PDF format.  I had purchased a Stiletto jelly roll and border fabric by Moda from Road 17N quilt shop as well as a Grunge for the background.


I quilted it with the Flourish pantograph, used light beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.





I took this quilt to Fort France to find some new locations to take pictures.  Had good luck at Point Park on Rainy Lake and didn't have to drag Tim around to any more locations.


I usually don't take pictures of a quilt with the sun shining behind them but that was a suggestion to try in the Quilt Photography online class I took this spring. I like how they turned out, give the quilt a softer look as it doesn't highlight the quilting.



 
I have been enjoying my summer break so far and spending more time outside with my camera than inside sewing.  Mainly taking picture of bugs, butterflies, and birds.  All challenging subjects that don't sit still!   Also have been out kayaking on the local lakes and hope to find another lake to try this weekend. 
This was at Off Lake.


This is the crystal clear water of Crow Lake.




Its been very dry here, lots of forest fires in our region so the air has been very smoky.  Took this shot the other day before sunset..


I just loaded another one of my own quilts on the machine so hope to get that quilted up soon!

4 comments:

  1. I like the colours in your quilt. Enjoy your summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that quilt. What a great pattern for a Jelly Roll. Love your pictures. Stunning as always. Talk about clear water!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been enjoying your blog for quite a while. Love to see your photos of quilts and everything else! Will be perusing your patterns when I’m a little more caught up with what I have. So far, I’ve liked everything you’ve shown!
    Tina W in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased your Washboard Road pattern some time ago, but haven't used it yet. I think it's going to be one of those patterns like City Slicker - looks good in so many fabric lines! It's lovely with the Stiletto fabrics.
    Love your photos of being on the water. The water in Crow Lake is unbelievably clear. Nice to know that we still have pristine lakes.

    ReplyDelete