Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Bringing Home the Christmas Tree Quilt


Peggy made this fun 'Bringing Home the Christmas Tree' quilt, the pattern is in Lori Holt's book Vintage Christmas.  The fabrics Peggy used are Red Barn Christmas by Sweetwater for Moda. 


I quilted it with a pantograph I recently purchased called Advent, great for Christmas themed quilts!   Used off white So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.


Neighbours horses came over to take a look too!


I had a great opportunity to photograph some eagles by our house the other day.  I noticed 2 eagles in the field eating something then a group of crows started to bother them so one took off.


Once that eagle flew away I turned my attention to the one still eating in the field.


After getting home to take a closer look a these pictures I realized they were eating a duck! You can see its head very clearly dangling from its talons as it flew away.





1 comment:

  1. What a darling quilt and it is on my list to make. I have the book. The eagle and crow pictures are just beyond amazing. You are such a gifted photographer! The horses looking at the quilt is still making me smile! :-) K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete