Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Summer Solstice Quilt


Lucinda made this lovely modern Summer Solstice quilt by Alderwood Studios.  She used Art Gallery solids and the Wavelength Forester print, and a navy grunge.


I quilted it with the Arrowful pantograph which is becoming one of my new favorite quilting designs to use.  The thread is a denim blue So Fine and the batting is Quilters Dream Blend.


Check out this fabulous wide backing she brought, its gorgeous!  Lucinda purchased it from Sew Curated and it is called Hillside Meadow by Art Gallery Fabrics.


Its so pretty I had to share two pictures of the backing.


Well we still have a bit of snow left and I am patiently waiting for spring to arrive.  Its been a long winter here and I'm so ready for some warmer weather. 



 

1 comment:

  1. Super setting with the snow, I wonder what binding Lucinda will choose. The dark navy is a super colour for the outer part. The weather network tells me you have 4C now, feeling like 1C, so still mighty cold, no wonder the snow is lingering!!! I use yr.no for our weather down here and it is very accurate.

    ReplyDelete