Thursday, July 14, 2022

Butterfly Charm Quilt


In 2021 I joined in quilt block swap with some quilty friends back in Manitoba and I finished my quilt yesterday.  I had asked for the Lillyella Butterfly Charm blocks which is a free paper pieced pattern. I love how this wall hanging turned out, it makes we smile and think of my friends back in Manitoba when I look at it. 
 

When I got the blocks I took each one and put them on an angle by adding a wedge of background to each side so they all look like they are fluttering.

I found the perfect tiny floral print fabric at Keystone Modern Creative for the outer border and sashed it with a lime green Dublin basic. I quilted it with feathers in the outer border, SID around the butterflies and then added swirls in the background.

I have it hanging in my quilt studio now! Thanks ladies for making the blocks for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment