Saturday, February 18, 2023

Delectable Mountains Quilt


This Delectable Mountains quilt was our guilds project this past fall.  We asked our members to make a few blocks using medium to dark blue on one side and light blue, beige or light grey for the background. I have to say it turned out pretty spectacular!


We ended up with 100 blocks which are 6 1/2" x 8" and did a 10 x 10 layout making a quilt that is 60" x 75".  


I quilted it with the London Fog pantograph, used a light beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.


I had a grey 108" wide Northcott Stonehenge to use for the backing.


Our guild will donate this quilt to a local organization or someone in need.
 


I had to trudge through knee deep snow which had a hard crust on top to get to this spot.  Just when I thought I could walk on top of the crust I would break through. lol!  But it was worth the walk!  This is the field behind our house that use to have horses, its been a year since they were sold so I have been missing them. 


1 comment: