Monday, February 13, 2023

Quarter Sections in Little Fawn and Friends

 


Last year I bought a sweet Fat Quarter Bundle at Thread Count Quilt Shop that contained a few fabrics from Dear Stella's Little Fawn and Friends.  It was a great curated bundle of gingham, blenders and linens with the Dear Stella fabrics and knew it would make a cute baby quilt.  Well I had enough to make two using our  Highway 10 Designs Quarter Sections pattern as it only uses 5 fat quarters for a baby quilt.


I had bought a few end bolts of Fireside awhile ago from Keystone Modern Creative so used those for the backing to make a soft and cuddly quilt. 


 I used the brown Fireside and Dream Blend batting on the quilt with the squirrel fabrics and brown gingham. I quilted it with the Rhapsody pantograph.


I used the beige Fireside and Dream Puff batting on the one with the Animal Floral prints and pink gingham.  I quilted this one with the Poplar pantograph.



I was able to fussy cut the borders so the animals were the focus.


I took one on our daily snowshoe walk as it was +6'c. The snow is melting and I can see grass in my yard!

I am planning on doing a craft market this spring to sell a few of my waxed canvas bags, wood signs and a few baby quilts so will add these new ones to the display. I have been making 12" wood signs like crazy and here is a sneak peek!





I have tried a few inlay wood Mariners Compass circles as well. 




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work, Kathy. I have a very similar fat quarter bundle just waiting to be cut. I might have to use Quarter Sections as well!

    ReplyDelete