Friday, August 16, 2024

Hummingbirds

 


If you follow my Instagram you will know I'm obsessed with hummingbirds.   These past two weeks I have been sharing videos of feeding them with a hand feeder and a few have landed on my hand.  Pure joy! I fill my garden full of flowers that they love and I can spend all day just watching and taking photos of these tiny birds.  Our summers are short and they will be migrating south soon so I'm enjoying my last couple of weeks with them.


I have this glass feeder I put in the maple tree that they love and guard furiously. 




They also like to guard the feeders in the backyard by sitting on top of my metal hummingbird.  Love this pose! 


I have two baskets of Hummingbirds Lunch that they love. 




They also love the Salvia in the garden.  I have it in a few colours.


I thought I was the biggest sucker for buying this 'hummingbird swing' but they love it!


I also purchased a window feeder and was surprised at how much they use it. Its fun to watch them at the window from inside the house.








If you want to see my videos of using the hand feeder just check out my Instagram reels. My account is  tamarackshack2.0




1 comment:

  1. If you place your finger over a used perch at one of your feeders and stand real still, a hummer will land on it and feed. Honest! Try it. :) maggie

    ReplyDelete