Thursday, September 8, 2011

GO! 3 1/2" Tumbler


This summer I found time to play with my GO cutter and tried the 3 1/2" Tumbler die.  I had some batik fabrics left over from another project and cut it all up using the die.  I was lucky and had some matching teal hand dyed fabric in my stash to use for the borders.  I had enough blocks to make a table runner and one place-mat. Our guild donates placemats to the local Meals on Wheels in December so it is a great way to use up scraps and to show our appreciation to our seniors in the community.
Yesterday I quilted it using Lava Superior Thread, a new thread to me, and I am so please with how this thread quilts and looks. It is 35wt variegated poly thread.   I bought 27 cones from a friend on a longarm chat site and I am now realizing what a steal of a deal I got as now I know I'm going to use this thread a lot.  I have already tried it on two client quilts this month and am just loving the results (those pictures coming soon!)

2 comments:

  1. The table runner looks great. The colors are beautiful. Can't wait to see your customer quilts with the new thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I love the fabric and the quilting, especially in the border is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete