Sunday, December 8, 2013

Guild Quilts

mirror4

I took two guild quilts home this month to quilt and this is the first one I finished.   The pattern used is called Mirror Mirror and we used a fat quarter bundle in blue and green batiks, similar to the quilt on the cover of the pattern.  The guild purchased a roll of Hobbs 80/20 batting which is a loftier batting and it shows the quilting well.

mirror

The outer border has a subtle maple leaf print so I chose Maple Syrup for the panto design. I have not used this panto much but I really like it, it’s very Canadian!  :)

maplesyrupmirror5 mirror2

The second guild quilt is the black and white Bento Box quilt.   I used Popcorn for the panto design and the guild’s Hobbs batting again.

box2box

Since one of the blocks was made with red, black and white fabrics (top left corner) they found a great bold print in those colors for the backing.  It’s a nice surprise when you turn the quilt over.

box3

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts. Are they community quilts? If so, lucky recipients!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting, Kathy. It must feel good to have them done. Time for a December break, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful but I really like the blue/green one with the Maple Syrup panto! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are beautiful! I am particularly drawn to the bento box quilt, it's very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uskomattomia peittoja, niin kauniin värisiä!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful quilts. Both patterns are interesting and beautiful. I like the idea of the print coloured background.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts and quilting - the Bento Box is on my to-do-some-day list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice quilts and fabulous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Maple syrup pant design! would be perfect if I ever make a modern maples quilt (it is on "the list").

    ReplyDelete