Saturday, December 14, 2013

Northern Solitudes

 yellow1

Last December I won a lovely fat quarter bundle of Northern Solitudes fabrics by Holly Taylor at our guilds xmas party.   I don’t like to sit on fabric bundles too long so thought I would challenge myself to make a quilt out of this fabric by this years party. I’m happy to report that I got it done and our guilds party is next week so I have something to take for Show and Tell.  Since the bundle of fabric was quite big I ended up making a queen size quilt ( 95” x105”) and used the Yellow Brick Road pattern as I like how it uses up the whole fat quarter.

yellow2

The collection has a dragonfly print in a couple of the fabrics so I chose Dragonfly Pond for the panto.   Dream Blend batting and a light green So Fine thread.

yellow3 yellow4

I did a very quick photo shoot outside this morning as it is –30’c and will stay that way all day.  No surprise as it has been like that all week!   It is suppose to warm up to more normal temperatures next week ( highs of –15’c)  so I hope that is true but I’ll believe it when I see it.

yellow5

11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing this gem in person on Tuesday. The dragonfly panto is prefect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! What wonderful colours in this bundle, and awesome quilting pattern! We are having -30 temps here as well...brrrrrr. These are perfect nights to have a cuddly quilt...and a woodstove doesn't hurt too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Заинтриговали :) С нетерпением буду ждать :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fabric and the quilt pattern is quite lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job Kathy and thanks for braving the weather to get us a lake shot -- love those shots the best !! Yellow brick road was the first full size quilt pattern I ever used. I made two twin size quilts for bunkbeds out of Kansas Troubles fabric and stitched in the ditch... Oh What Fun!! Thanks for the memory too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and your quilting is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is beautiful! And nice to see you have the ice on the lake again. Perfect for photographing quilts:-) Beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kath! What a wonderful prize that you turned into a beautiful quilt! I especially love that panto, one of my favs that you do. Stay warm, my friend. It was -37C here on Sunday morning. Brrrrrr! :-)

    ReplyDelete