Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Four Patch Charm Quilt #4

rb1
This is Rae’s Four Patch Charm quilt and was made using my tutorial found here.   I love the blue and green batik fabrics she used and this quilt will be a raffle quilt at her church Bazaar in the fall.  Hope it sells a lot of tickets!    I quilted it the same as my tutorial sample and used Quilters Dream Blend batting.

rb5rb9rb3
Here is a close up of the pebbles.  I want you to see that I do cross over my lines sometimes and I don’t pick them out because you only see that when you look really closely.  So be kind to yourself when you pebble, they look better once you’re done and are looking at the whole quilt, trust me on that.   I did have to pick out a section of pebbles but that had to do with a tension issue and I’m glad I caught that before taking it off the machine.

rb4
The backing is a Stonehenge grey/beige piece.

rb8rb6rb7

12 comments:

  1. This is a great design, and I love how you've quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt and your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty quilt, nice design. The quilting gives it dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love that pattern - it's on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt and quilting. I will have to make sure I have tickets on this one. The colours sparkle and the pebbles are awesome. Love those interspersed swirls. A very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks really great and I think the simpler quilting works the best on this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such vibrant colours and your quilting is once again spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt, and gorgeous quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just tell you I love the internet because I can see all your beautiful quilts, tutorials, and FMQing! No time constraint on beauty.

    ReplyDelete