Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pumpkin Spice

rb1

This Pumpkins Spice is no latte but a quilt designed by Karen Walker from the blog Laugh Yourself Into Stitches.  I shared a link to Karen’s pattern on my blog two years ago and my friend Rae just loved it and made one.  This is Rae’s quilt and she used Kansas Troubles fabrics to make her Pumpkin Spice quilt.   I chose the Flirtatious pantograph and used Navy So Fine thread on top and Navy Bottom Line on the back.    Rae brought a navy flannel backing so we decided to go with a Black Poly batting from Quilters Dream.   This quilt arrived at the right time of year to be photographed!  I’m kicking myself those as I do have a few pumpkins around and didn’t add them to the photo shoot.

rb2rb3rb6rb4

8 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of a gorgeous quilt, so no worries about the missing pumpkins :-) Love the panto you used on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the panto used! Great choice and thank you so much for sharing! Rae...great work and love your color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black really pops the quilt. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fresh perspective you did on the issue. I will be back soon to check up on new posts! Thank you!
    Spice Shack Artisan Spice

    ReplyDelete