Friday, August 19, 2016

Mini Charm Pillows

pillow1

A few months ago I purchased a few Mini Charm packs at our Quilt Show from Road 17 N.   The Moda fabric collection is called Nocturne and I loved the soft greys, beiges, blues and navy prints in this line.   Yesterday I decided to make two pillow for my blue couch out of these fabrics.   I had two  14” x14” pillow forms so sewed together 49 mini charms ( 7x7) for one pillow.  I’m glad I bought three mini charm packs or I would have been short for the second pillow.  I had also bought fat quarters of the Nocturne line and used two of those for the backs.

pillow2pillow3

I quilted the front of the pillows with simple CC’s and didn’t quilt the back.

pillow4

You can never have too many quilted pillows!

pillow5

6 comments:

  1. Very lovely....I esp love the backing on that one pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nicely done. I always look at charm packs, but never can come up with a project for them. Great idea! I desperately need to make new seat cushions for a couple of old wicker chairs. You just might have given me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cushions, what a great idea for a mini-charm pack. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Great idea. Did you use a zipper on the side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No zipper, it had the open slit on the back. If you look really closely, its hard to spot, but you can see it in the photo showing the back.

      Delete