Thursday, February 22, 2018

City Sampler Quilt

ih

This is Irene’s City Sampler Quilt and it is a pattern from Tula Pink’s book 100 Modern Blocks.   Irene used batiks to make her blocks and a polka dot white on white print for the sashing and borders.

ih2 (2)

She wanted the quilting to be modern as well and we decided on straight lines spaces 1/2” apart.   I’m so glad I have channel locks on my longarm, they made the job so much easier!    Irene’s perfectly pieced blocks also helped!  I think the lines really suit the quilt and lets the pieced blocks shine.  I used white So Fine thread on the top and white Bottom Line on the back. The batting is Quilters Dream Blend.

ih3

ih7

So many wonderful blocks to look at! 

ih5

ih6

ih4

ih16

I really should stop putting my clients quilts on my guest bed for photos,  just makes me want to make one for myself!

ih18ih12

7 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! The quilting is just perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very impressed with this quilt. Being Irene’s son, I witnessed the passion and joy that was put into every stitch. This quilt was truly a labour of love. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is a stunner! The simple, yet modern straight line quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it's PERFECT in that room. :D The quilting was also perfect for this top. Kathy, you use a Millie, is that correct? Did you go back and forth with the lines? Or did you always move left-to-right? (And, YES! Channel locks are AWESOME. I use them frequently.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still making my City Sampler blocks. This is very encouraging. This quilt is beautiful and the quilting is perfect for these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great and it's another idea of how I might quilt my City Sampler once I finish it.

    ReplyDelete