Friday, February 9, 2018

Five Small Quilt

lm

This is Lucinda’s Five Small quilt and it has a great story.  She made this quilt for her brother and used fabric from a red dress that belonged to their mother.  The dress was a bridesmaid dress that her mother altered into a regular dress so it was one they remember her wearing.  Lucinda added this red fabric to the quilt to create a wonderful family keepsake.  I love the idea of incorporating these memories into a quilt!

lm2

The pattern is called Five Small and is from Fons and Porters Modern Patchwork, the Nov/Dec 2017 issue.  It was even quilt on the cover of the magazine.

mp5_cover_final_npc_noupc

She asked for heavy custom quilting so I did pebbles and swirls in the background and CC’s in the darker fabrics. I stitched in the ditch around the red fabrics.  I used Microquilter thread on top and Bottom Line on the back.  Batting is Quilters Dream Blend.

lm3lm4

Here is a peek at the back.

lm5lm6

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE it all!... the story, the pattern and the quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment...I love it all! very cool quilting, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with sunshine randall........love it all :-)................AND the backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stories that accompany the beautiful quilting you create for each quilt!

    ReplyDelete