Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Black and White HST Quilt



Kim made this great black and white HST quilt for her grandson!  I watched her work on this quilt top at our Tuesday sewing group, no pattern, just an idea from a sketch!  She used black and white fabrics from her stash and Primitive Gatherings Triangle Papers to make the 2 1/2" HST blocks. I think the main benefit of using this method is you get accurate HST blocks with not trimming!


Kim asked for free hand wavy lines and I think that was a perfect choice for this quilt.  I used black So Fine thread, Quilters Dream Blend batting and the backing she brought was black Fireside.





5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a quilt and the wavy lines are perfect on it! I'm sure her grandson will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt -- nice to see a "masculine" quilt and what a great way to use scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting was a perfect choice. Simple but looks so complicated!

    ReplyDelete