Thursday, April 18, 2019

Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage


Sally created this wonderful witch themed quilt that is a combination of hand embroidery, colouring and pieced blocks.  The pattern is called Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage by Crab-Apple Hill Designs.  There is so much detail in the embroidery designs that I keep seeing new things each time I look at it!  


Sally asked for simple custom quilting with minimal quilting on the embroidery so I just SID the main elements in the designs.  I added a meander in the background and treated the blocks on the outer edge like a border and quilted those blocks individually. But the blocks in the center of the quilt I treated as background and meandered over to define that area. I wanted the focus to be the embroidery work not the pieced blocks.



I used 100wt Microquilter off white thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.






I think that pointy toed boot is my favorite image! So much detail in everywhere you look on this quilt!


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this quilt. A wonderful job by both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun all the way around! Happy quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birds above the witch's hat, my pick, but everywhere I look there is delight. Love your stitching choice, it enhances the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular! So much fun discovering all the little details.

    ReplyDelete